do you ever get to the end of a day, or even the end of a morning and think, THAT was hard. everything just went wrong. or maybe right in the middle of things you find yourself thinking, THIS is not the way i thought this would go.
me too. all the time.
it is so easy to spend our days waiting for the picture-perfect moment when everything is running smoothly and going the way we thought it would. THEN we can take a minute to feel happy and grateful.
and so we wait. we spend time wishing our ordinary would change – be less hard, less tired, less busy, less of the same thing over and over.
but here’s what i’ve discovered. it is really hard to change our ordinary. sure, there are some habits we should work on and goals to tackle. but our ordinary day-to-day, sometimes messy life is just that. life. so maybe that’s where we’re going wrong. maybe we need to stop trying to change our ordinary and instead start thinking about it differently. …
1. this look of pure shock and excitement when E found out everyone in the family went in on his ultimate birthday wish. happy birthday to my now eight-year-old! here’s his list of LITTLE things from a couple years ago. i will have to get him to guest post again soon!
2. my tall starbucks water cup with the straw. it’s the best for making me drink enough water in a day. and C must think so too because she is always trying to drink from it.
3. new socks because i know they all have matches.
4. cancelling our cable and making myself find something more productive to do than watch tv after i put the kids to bed.
5. getting our dinners planned for the week. not my favorite thing but the best feeling when it’s done!
6. chats with my sisters.
7. introducing the kids to new games. tonight we played pictionary!
8. finding C sitting on the floor flipping through books by herself, and then quietly tip-toeing away so she would continue.
9. going a whole day without hearing wheels on the bus on youtube.
10. looking around at E’s family party last night, feeling so blessed that he is surrounded by so much love.
want to join in the list-making fun?
grab this cute LITTLE things printable to write your own daily list at home.
do you ever get to the end of a day, or even the end of a morning and think, THAT was hard. ...
i am sitting here staring at the most gigantic pile of laundry. so now you're probably thinking, i ...
1. eating more cookie dough than cookies. 2. finding the cookie with the most chocolate chips ...
1. new frying pans with new non-stick surfaces. 2. mechanical pencils. 3. hearing the kids ...