in elementary school, the jumprope team was where it was at. really, what else was there to get involved in at school? the best part about it? you got to get out of school to perform for other schools. the other best part? i met lisa.
you couldn’t try out for the team until third grade. that gave me two years to practice my skills. lisa must have been practicing too. i am really not sure exactly how we first met, i just know it must have been at a practice. what i do know is it has been shenanigans ever since.
from jumprope, we moved on to gymnastics, middle school, and high school. in high school, our parents were the same amount of strict. we had the same earliest curfews and had to wake up at the same ungodly hour for swim practice. everyone needs at least one good, steady, loyal, fun-but-still-follows-most-of-the-rules friend to help them make it through high school. lisa was mine. we visited each other in college, were bridesmaids in each other’s weddings, have probably eaten upwards of 50 cookie cakes together, and even had our second babies just 8 days apart.
there is just something about a friend who has been through so much with you. our history is so meaningful and just keeps bringing us back together, no matter what directions our adult lives seem to pull us in. i am so thankful and blessed to have shared in lisa’s friendship for so long. she is fun, smart, active, passionate, the best mom, and an all around good person. i am thrilled she is sharing on the blog today for
ntlt friday friends
here is lisa’s list for 3.24.17
1. watching my kids dance in the most carefree way.
2. lazy sunday mornings with mimosas at home.
3. hearing an old favorite song on the radio and being flooded with great memories from years ago.
4. a surprise piece of cookie cake waiting for me in the kitchen after coming home close to midnight after a long night of work.
5. an unexpected compliment from a stranger in the grocery store.
6. green tea in my favorite mug.
7. planning and looking forward to fun trips later in the year.
8. hugs so tight from my kids that they almost take my breath away.
9. feeling completely recharged, detoxed, and blissful after a great hot yoga class.
10. a brand new haircut.
are you smiling? stay in touch with the LITTLE things! subscribe and come notice with us. among other FREEBIES, you’ll get instant access to a FREE daily 10 printable to start your own LITTLE list of ten!